Excavation, Stabilization, Management of Impacted Soils
Hill Environmental was contracted to perform contaminated soil, excavation, and stabilization services at a former paint pigment industrial site in Newark, NJ.
Scope of Work
- Treatability studies and pilot testing of sediment stabilization alternatives for various contaminants.
- Clearing, selective demolition and crushing of 20,000 tons of concrete foundations and structures.
- Excavation of 104,000+ tons of soil for offsite disposal.
- Stabilization of 60,000+ tons of soil / lagoon sludge
- 47,136 hours worked – zero lost work days